Kathryn Kaleel, D.M.D.
Originally from South Florida, Dr. Kathryn Kaleel (or Dr. K for short), grew up in a family of healthcare professionals. With her Dad and cousin as a Dentist, great uncle as an orthodontist, and Mom as a nurse, she decided dentistry was the right path for her. Dr. Kaleel earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science from Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL. From there, she continued on what she calls her ACC academic tour. She earned her Doctor in Dental Medicine degree from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in Louisville, KY. She then moved to Winston Salem, NC to complete a 2-year General Practice Residency at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital, serving as chief resident in her second year. Dr. Kaleel then took her talents to Nashville, TN to intern for one-year with a team of oral surgeons at the Oral Surgical Institute. Her last stop in academics landed her at her alma mater’s SEC rival, the University of Florida Center for Implant Dentistry. There, she completed a fellowship in Implant Dentistry and earned a second fellowship in Digital Implant Dentistry. After completion of the Implant Fellowship, Dr. Kaleel relocated to New York City to be with her fiancé. She enjoys all aspects of dentistry. She is most passionate about patient relationships, making people feel more confident in their smile, and making it a team environment.
Outside of Dentistry, Dr. Kaleel spends most of her time with family and friends. She enjoys all sports, especially Florida State Football and Saints Football. She loves playing tennis and training for running races, particularly the half-marathon distance. Dr. K also has a passion for health and wellness. She knows that she has to brush twice a day and floss once, to continue trying all the new cuisine NYC has to offer. Last, and certainly not least, she’s excited to be a part of the S. Lim Dental Team!
- University of Floride Center for Implant Dentistry — Gainesville, FL (2020-2021)
- Oral Surgical Institute — Nashville, TN (2019-2020)
- 2-year resident at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital — Winston Salem, NC (2017-2019)
- University of Louisville School of Dentistry — Louisville, KY (2013-2017)
- Florida State University — Tallahassee, FL (2009-2013)
- Fellowship in Implant Dentistry Certificate
- Digital Dentistry in Implant Dentistry Certificate
- Chief Resident for Dentistry at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital (2018-2019)
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Florida Dental Association
- International Team of Implantology