Wayne Kye, D.D.S.
Board Certified Periodontist
A product of Stuyvesant High School, Dr. Wayne Kye received his Bachelor of Arts in Biology from the New York University College of Arts and Sciences and his Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the New York University College of Dentistry. He completed the Advanced Dental Education Program in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry at the University of Maryland’s Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, where he received a Certificate in Periodontics as well as a Master of Science in Oral Biology. He has a particular interest in the use of biologic mediators in the area of periodontal regeneration, in which he defended his thesis, and site development for future implant treatment.
Dr. Kye has been a full-time faculty member at the New York University College of Dentistry since 2004 and is a former Director of Pre-Doctoral Periodontology & Implant Dentistry. He currently serves as a Clinical Associate Professor, where he lectures and provides clinical instruction in all phases of periodontal treatment to dental students and periodontal residents alike. This allows him the opportunity to work closely with the dental community and maintain his high standards of continuing education. In addition to his involvement in academia, he also maintains part-time clinical private practices in Queens and Manhattan, New York. He currently resides in Queens with his wife, Grace, two sons – Tyler and Brandon – and their dog, Bounce.
- Certificate in Periodontics, Periodontology – University of Maryland School of Dentistry (2004)
- Master of Science, Oral Biology – University of Maryland at Baltimore Graduate School (2004)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – New York University College of Dentistry (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology – New York University College of Arts and Sciences (1997)
- Examiner, American Board of Periodontology
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Board of Directors, Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- Board Member, New York State Board of Dentistry
- Examiner/Member, Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA)
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association