Veneers – Be The Architect of Your Own Smile
Have you ever wanted to be the architect of your own smile? Do you look in the mirror and pinpoint exactly what you’d change about your teeth, if you could? Veneers are your opportunity to do, just that!
There are certain qualities a veneer candidate’s mouth must possess. These qualities are as follows:
- Good overall health
- Absent signs of tooth decay and/or gum disease
- Not a habitual teeth grinder
- Properly aligned bite, teeth are more or less in normal positions
- Sufficient tooth enamel in order to support the veneer
After you have become an approved veneer candidate, we will become partners in designing your ideal smile! Veneer qualities can be described as: durable, hard, strong, translucent and glassy. Most people may not know this but veneers actually are fairly translucent and act like a contact lens would on your eye. This translucence allows for the natural tooth color to come through, yet that the lab technician can bake your approved hue into your set of veneers can enhance the shade. There are three aspects to the shade selection process.
- Color Tone – the natural tones of teeth are: red, blue and yellow
- Chroma – the intensity of the hue
- Value – the darkness or lightness of the hue
You will still be able to eat hard food (such as an apple) and maintenance of your new veneers will not differ from your current tooth care routine. Brush and floss as normal, simply avoiding abrasive toothpastes. A good home care regimen will insure your veneers lifespan.
If you’re thinking about veneers you should call us so we can help you decide if this cosmetic service is right for you! It’s never too late to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of.